In this webinar, researchers from England, Northern Ireland, Scotland, and Wales share insights from collaborative work on the DaC-VaP project that has used national linked data assets to answer key COVID-19 research questions at a UK-level.
Chaired by Professor Sir Aziz Sheikh, Director of the University of Edinburgh’s Usher Institute, our collaborators will take you through:
- The data assets used in this project, and the types of data they contain;
- How these assets have facilitated collaborative, individual nation and UK-wideCOVID-19 research, which has benefited the wider public and decision makers;
- How DaC-VaP-2 has promoted effective collaboration between the four UK nations and with international partners;
- Some of the analysis methods used to deliver results; and
- How these assets can be accessed for future research.
This event will highlight the potential of the UK’s population-scale data assets, and why their digital maturity should be maintained and developed beyond the COVID-19 pandemic. We also hope to encourage greater interest and involvement in these assets among our colleagues across health data science and research.
Agenda and speakers list to follow.